Electrical substation, switchyard and transmission line construction
Saber did a great job and we will be using them again.– H.S., General contractor in Texas
Saber Power’s Turnkey Solutions division is staffed with seasoned project managers, superintendents, and linemen with extensive experience in all aspects of power construction. Saber Power maintains an impressive fleet of electrical construction equipment covering all heavy construction requirements, enabling our team to deliver on-time and on-budget projects for our clients.
Saber Power’s construction teams specialize in logistically challenged areas and critical schedules. Our team of in-house project managers has extensive experience in the construction, maintenance, and upgrade of substations as well as transmission, distribution and fiber optic systems including large-scale EHV projects throughout North America. Our project controls, accounting, QA/QC and safety programs are fully integrated to further support the rigors of third-party audits project financing requires.
Due to purchasing volume, Saber Power has supplier relationships spanning the electric power marketplace. We leverage these relationships for our clients to provide economic solutions for their projects delivered in a timely fashion.
Saber Power is uniquely qualified to provide the following construction services:
- Construction estimating and management projects
- All aspects of safety and risk management for high-voltage electrical projects
- Installation of high voltage electrical substations and switchyards, including installation and setup of major electrical apparatuses (breakers, switches, instrument transformers, power transformers, bus duct, switchgear, protection control panels, control buildings, etc.)
- Installation of overhead transmission lines up to 765 kV
- Electrical substation construction contract projects
Saber Power has extensive experience in the construction of high-voltage substations from 12.47 kV to 765 kV. Our jobs range from complete greenfield substations and switchyards to transformer upgrades and basic substation expansions. Our project list extends well into the civil, commercial, and industrial markets, including projects in manufacturing, colleges and universities, office and high-rise, medical facilities, and more.
During construction we work with regulatory agencies and utilities to ensure compliance and a smooth installation. We also do steel work and foundations and offer maintenance plans and testing for future service.
Substation Construction – 12.47 kV to 765 kV
- Foundation and footing design and installation
- Steel design and installation
- Transmission line – overhead and underground – design and installation
- Low and medium voltage controls and distribution
- Medium and high-voltage cable terminations, pulls, and repairs
- Power houses and switchgear
- High-voltage cable installation
- Addition or full turn-key design, build, operate, maintain
- Coordination with local utility and all regulatory agencies
- Transmission construction – steel, wood, concrete
- Industrial, utility, or commercial markets
- Engineering, procurement, project management
- Civil work, concrete, steel erection
- SF6 – GIS, ISO-phase bus, gas breakers
- Bus work – additions, repairs, switch additions