Electrical Field Testing, Breaker Repair, Substation Construction - For help with Maintenance, Testing, Repair, High Voltage Construction,
Design or Engineering call:
Instrument and Controls Technician Position in Houston
Saber Team Opportunity Overview:
Saber Power Services seeks a professional, dedicated individual with a positive outlook for our Instrument and Controls Technician position.
Performs a variety of skilled tasks involved in the installation, maintenance and repair activities for process instrumentation, recording instruments, communications and telemetering systems, control systems and Distributed Control Systems (DCS) equipment related to industrial processes.
- Installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, calibrating, and testing a wide variety of electronic recording, indicating, controlling, pneumatic and telemetering and test instruments.
- Installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, calibrating, and testing controls and control systems, including distributed control system (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLCs), programmable automation controller (PAC) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
- Interpreting civil, architectural and structural engineering design concepts and sketches
- Installing and troubleshooting communications systems and networks, both wired and wireless.
- Developing and modifying PLC programs.
- Developing and modifying DCS and other human machine interface (HMI) screens.
- Utilizing vendor manuals and drawings to setup and maintain complex instruments.
- Troubleshooting systems, equipment and instrumentation to diagnose problems.
- Reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, mechanical drawings, piping/process & instrument diagrams (P&IDs), and specifications.
- Ensuring proper safety precautions are followed.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Instrument Technician Position in Houston
Saber Team Opportunity Overview:
Saber Power Services seeks a professional, dedicated individual with a positive outlook for our Instrument Technician position.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of skilled tasks involved in the installation, maintenance and repair activities for process instrumentation components and systems.
- Read and correlate information and trouble-shoot from blueprints and one-line schematics.
- Read and understand P & ID's and ladder diagrams.
- Perform calibration of electronic instruments, pneumatic instruments, transmitters, controllers, and recorders.
- Ability to pressure test pneumatic instruments for leaks, pneumatic instruments with controllers, transducers and valves in service.
- Ability to loop check electrical wiring for continuity and proper termination.
- Ability to perform field calibration of electronic instruments with transmitters, controllers, transducers, valves, and recorders in service.
- Must have a good working knowledge of electronic test equipment, communicator devices, decade resistance box, V.O.M., tag terminations, valve and positioner stroke, and tuning of all types of loops.
- Safety is priority number one with our organization. Errors in judgment can result in negative financial impact, inconvenience to customers, unsafe working conditions, injury, or loss of life.
Company where our People enjoy their Jobs!
Saber Power Services is a very Employee Focused company. We realize that our reputation is built on the impression that our Employees make on our Customers, so we decided that if we take care of our employees, they will take care of the Customers. We have office BBQs, company fishing tournaments, casino parties for employees, and anything that we can think of that our people will enjoy. The majority of our work in centered around Greater Houston, but we work throughout the US, and Internationally as well. All of our international projects are always filled with Volunteers within the company. Apply Your Skills. Make a Difference. Enjoy the Rewards.
If you are looking for a Career, and not a Job, then you really need to come talk to us. To Apply For This Position:
Qualified candidates please apply by sending an MS Word version of your resume with salary requirements to our HR Department.
Saber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.