Electrical Field Testing, Breaker Repair, Substation Construction - For help with Maintenance, Testing, Repair, High Voltage Construction,
Design or Engineering call:
Job Opportunities | Careers
Saber is aggressively seeking, NETA Certified Technicians, Electrical Studies Engineers with Texas PE, Electrical Substation Engineers with Texas PE, Electrical Estimators, Project Managers and Outsides sales professionals to be part of our team. If you are looking for a career, and not just a job and have experience in the high voltage industry come and talk to us. Send resumes to Mmoore@saberpower.com
Download our job application here
Saber Power is always looking for talented individuals with experience in the HV Electrical Industry
New Job Openings
Senior Technicians with experience in any of the following areas:
- Oil Services Work on transformers, and oil filled breakers
- Infrared Surveys Testing
- Maintenance on breakers, switchgear, transformers, bushings, and other medium and high voltage equipment
- Relay calibration, setting, repair, coordination
- Substation start-up and commissioning
- Junior Technicians with schooling or any related experience
- Account Managers with experience in selling Electrical Field Service
- Operations Support Personnel - with experience in entering orders, billing, placing purchase orders, project management, etc
Relay Technicians – providing, testing, maintenance, and commissioning of protective relay systems
- 300G – Generator Relay
- 311L – Line Current Differential
- 351 – Protection System
- 351A – Protection System
- 387L – Line Current Differential
- 487B – Bus Differential and Breaker Failure
- 587Z – High Impedance Differential
- 700G – Generator Protection Relay
- 701/710 – Motor Protection Relay
- 751 – Feeder Protection
- 787 – Transformer Differential Relay
- And all other Manufacturers
Technicians and Field Service Management – We are looking for Employees and Professional Managers with proven experience in running field service groups with the various expertise as shown below:
- Breaker Shop Services
- High Voltage Substation Construction Services
- Battery Services
- Generator Services
- Turbine Services
- Industrial Plant 5 KV to 34 KV Maintenance
- Substation start-up and commissioning
- Cathodic Protection
Substation Engineering Position
Saber Power Services seeks a professional, dedicated individual with a positive outlook for our Substation Engineering position. This position is currently located in Houston and will be located in the Pearland vicinity in 2 months. Relocation reimbursement is offered, but candidates must be able to relocate.
- Develop conceptual designs, direction, consultation and support of substation, oil/gas electrical power facility and short-line transmission projects.
- Responsible for substation, plant power distribution and transmission line projects involving Low, Medium and High Voltage system components using switchgear, transformers, and protection systems from a functional and specific perspective.
- Has direct responsibility for managing and directing in house and engineering consultants to assure the design meets project objectives in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Works closely with Saber Project and Construction Management to assure design is constructible and is fully integrated into the project schedule.
- The Substation Engineer’s responsibilities include the overall electrical design, develop material specifications, review vendor submittal drawings, project electrical studies, creation of system models using ETAP or SKM Power Tools software and supervise designer and drafters for new and upgrades to existing substations.
- This position is expected to apply sound and diversified knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices as well as make independent decisions concerning assigned projects.
- Responsibilities may include training and provision of engineering support to a variety of company personnel.
- The candidate should possess a strong understanding of the design and operation of substation components, control systems and site layout.
- The Substation Engineer plays a lead role in the conceptual and detail design of both new and additions to existing substations.
- Duties include development of proposed design and interface with project estimator as well as project management.
- The Substation Engineer is also responsible for assisting in the development of substation maintenance plans and activities as well as responding to substation equipment failures and related emergency events.
- The candidate should expect to interface with various internal support groups and clients to develop optimal design solutions.
- These groups typically include power system planning, protection system coordination, drafting and design, supply chain, project management, field construction, maintenance, testing, start-up and operating personnel. Interfacing with equipment manufacturers and vendors of various support services is typical in many projects.
- The Substation Engineer shall have knowledge on design of
- Single line, Three Line Schematics and Wiring Diagrams
- Sizing and application of bare and insulated conductors
- Physical layout and electrical clearances
- Above and below ground design concepts
- Ground grid, steel, civil and raceway design
- Ladder Tray systems
- Steel structure and building design
- Control, protection and communications components and assemblies
- D.C. Systems
- Application and installation of Variable Frequency Drive systems
- Power Factor Correction
- Rotating equipment starting principals
- Low Voltage Motor Control Centers
- Illumination Smoke and Fire Protection
- Area Classification per API 500 and NFPA 497
- Strong knowledge of relevant US codes and standards such as NEC, NESC, IEEE, NEMA, NFPA and ANSI.
Key Success Factors
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university program with a minimum of 5 years of experience in power system design.
- Additional experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience) in power system design.
- Completion of PE exam and Texas registration is highly preferred.
- Experience in activities related to electrical distribution, substation design and operation preferred.
- Applicants for this position must have strong analytical, communication, organizational and team skills as well as the ability to identify creative solutions to complex and abstract issues. Knowledge of computer system, AutoCAD in a 2D environment and the ability to use a variety of office and engineering software is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communications skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to coordinate the work of various engineering disciplines and consultants to complete an integrated project.
- Demonstrated experience in Power system design using Low and Medium Voltage switchgear, Multi-function protection systems, communication interface, Power Transformers, Circuit Breakers, Industrial Control Systems and , Working knowledge of commissioning and starting up high voltage substations and associated equipment
- Demonstrated experience in producing system studies and analysis of industrial power distribution systems including Voltage Drop, Load Flow, Stability, Switching Transient, Grounding, Arc Flash, Harmonic Analysis, Motor Starting and Short Circuit.
- Prior experience in creation of technical specifications and design of power generation plants and substations including selection of power equipment (high voltage switchgear, stand-by generation, UPS, battery systems and VFD’s.)
- Working knowledge of NESC,NEC, NFPA, ANSI & IEEE codes and standards
A Company where our People enjoy their Jobs!
Saber Power Services is a very Employee Focused company. We realize that our reputation is built on the impression that our Field Service Technicians make on our Customers, So we decided that if we take care of our employees, they will take care of the Customers. We have office BBQs, company fishing tournaments, casino parties for employees, and anything that we can think of that our people will enjoy.
We are a 24/7 field service company. The majority of our work in centered around Greater Houston, but we work throughout the US, and Internationally as well. All of our international projects are always filled with Volunteers within the company.
Apply Your Skills. Make a Difference. Enjoy the Rewards.
If you are looking for a Career, and not a Job, then you really need to come talk to us.
Saber has an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, short term disability, life insurance, 401K with Matching, flexible benefit account; and an outstanding work environment.
To Apply For This Position
Qualified candidates please apply by sending an MS Word version of your resume with salary requirement here.
Saber does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of veteran status, age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital/parental status, or political affiliation.